ATTENTION ALL COUNTY EMPLOYEES CURRENTLY WAIVING COVERAGE:
TO WAIVE MEDICAL COVERAGE FOR 2011, YOU MUST RECERTIFY YOUR
WAIVER AND PROVIDE PROOF OF OTHER INSURANCE. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
IF YOU DO NOT RECERTIFY YOUR WAIVER, YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE ENROLLED
IN THE CALIFORNIACARE BASIC HMO PLAN AND YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO
WAIVE COVERAGE AGAIN UNTIL 2012. IF YOU DO NOT WANT MEDICAL
COVERAGE IN 2011, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.
The Choices Annual Enrollment will be held from October 1, through October 31, 2010. During annual enrollment, use the County of Los Angeles website (mylacountybenefits.com) or telephone (888-822-0487) enrollment systems to elect your 2011 benefit choices. The benefit options you choose will be in force for all of 2011.
If you do not use one of the benefit systems to elect options by October 31, 2010, your current coverage will continue through 2011 except for health and dependent care spending accounts which will be canceled. You must re-enroll in the health and dependent care spending accounts every year.
During Annual Enrollment You May…
* Enroll or re-enroll in the health care and dependent spending accounts.
* Choose different medical and dental plan.
* Wave medical and/or dental coverage if you certify that you have other coverage.
* Select, change, or cancel optional group term life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, or medical coverage protection (LTD health insurance).
* Add or drop coverage for dependents. If you are adding dependents, you must provide satisfactory documentation before coverage for your newly added dependent may begin.
* Do nothing and your current coverage will continue, except for the health care and dependent care spending accounts which will be canceled.
Call the ALADS Benefits Service Center at (800) 842-6635 if you have any questions or need help enrolling in these benefits.